Software Development Technician Apprenticeship The Media Trader Ltd

This is a government-backed apprenticeship. This means that 80% of your paid time will be your work with us and the remaining 20% will be spent learning with the certified apprenticeship training provider. The teaching will be adapted to Software Developer Level 4 standard described by BSC and will be finished with the exam and certification

Sign in to apply


Apprenticeship summary

You will be a part of the R&D team that develops reliable internally or externally available web applications while monitoring and enhancing the performance of existing tools and services. You will learn from them about technologies, methodologies and best practices in software development and have your input in the products they’re building.

We believe in release fast, release often philosophy and we are as Agile as we possibly can.

Our partners are providing learning validated by recognized international certifications, we will be happy to enrol you in as a good starting point for a successful career. We’re succeeding in our vision and we’re looking for great people to join in and drive that success. 

You will be expected but not limited to the following: 

  • Develop reliable internally or externally available web applications while monitoring and enhancing the performance of existing tools and services
  • Troubleshooting, testing and documenting produced software
  • Launch, iterate and make a difference
  • Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of an Agile team
  • Weekly wage

    £172.00 - £306.00

  • Working week

    Monday - Friday, shifts to be confirmed with 1-hour lunchbreak

    Total hours per week: 40.00

  • Expected duration

    19 months

  • Date posted


  • Expected start date


  • Closing date


  • Standards

    Software Development Technician

  • Apprenticeship level


  • Reference number


  • Training Provider


  • Location


Requirements and prospects

Desired Skills

  • You have seen GitHub in your life and maybe even heard something about Open Source
  • You are tech-savvy and follow the news about emerging technologies and best practices in the programming world
  • You have a keen interest in Front-End development and good design practices and technologies (e.g. Material, Bootstrap)

Personal qualities

  • You have a proven passion for programming – that is a must We’re open about the rest: we don’t mind any background, we believe that it’s the diversity that makes us strong. But you do need to show us that you try as much as possible to dive into the coding world (projects, hackathons etc.)
  • You are determined to learn, develop, succeed – learning programming is a challenging journey, but it’s always rewarding and fun
  • You can work with a team – success is often about effective communication
  • You have the enthusiasm and keen desire to succeed in handling complex projects
  • You are organised, numeric and systematic
  • You are good fun to sit next to the office

Desired qualifications

  • GCSE Grade C/4 or above are desired 

Future prospects

  • After the successful complement of the apprenticeship (the predicted time is 18 months), we hope to hire you to our team as a regular team member

Things to consider

Unfortunately for formal reasons, we are forced to limit our offer to the candidates who:

  • Are based in London (currently, we’re of course working online, but as soon as it will be possible we are coming back to the office)
  • Have British citizenship or settled status
  • Do not have their education level higher than Level 3 in IT

About the Employer

The Media Trader started in 2015 as an ambitious media buying agency at the forefront of the disruptive programmatic landscape. Shortly after we were recognised class Alpha - one of the most promising startups during the WebSummit 2016. Since then we have grown a lot and we are now in the middle of a global expansion with offices in Paris, London, New York, Dublin and Dubai and some opening in Milan and Luxembourg.

We are now looking for ambitious software developers to join our ever-growing, diverse and fun team!


The Media Trader Ltd